The U.S. Embassy in Manila is seeking an individual for the position of Protocol Assistant in the Protocol Office (PROT).
All Ordinarily Resident (Or) Applicants (See Appendix A) Must Have The Required Work And/Or Residency Permits To Be Eligible For Consideration.
POSITION: Protocol Assistant, LES-7; FP-7 (This position is budgeted for the Local Compensation Plan)
WORK HOURS: Full-time; 40 hours/week
SALARY: P 382,034 per annum (Starting salary)
Basic Function Of Position
- Maintains the Embassy Contact Database (ECD) which contains more than 12,000 active records.
- Implements set ECD guidelines by monitoring entries on a daily basis, beta testing program capabilities, complex filtering of data as required by users as well as ensuring post event status.
- Analyzes procedural computer program needs to derive specific output for increased efficiency.
- Attends to administrative requirements of the Protocol office including assistance on events preparation and on-site Protocol duty for events, and other clerical assistance in the unit’s day-to-day operations.
- A copy of the complete position description listing all duties and responsibilities is available in the Human Resources Office. (Contact extension number 5169 of HR Office); or email email@example.com
- All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
- Completion of bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Commerce, Computer Science, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Tourism, International Studies, Advertising or Marketing is required.
- Two years work experience in public relations that included conceptualizing, organizing, and implementing events, has exposed the applicant to an extensive network of contacts, and which requires advance knowledge and skills in computer applications are required.
- Level 4 (Fluent) Speaking/Reading English and Tagalog language is required.
- Knowledge of Philippine society and institutions is required.
- Advanced level of skills in the use of Microsoft Office suite, internet and software is required.
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
Additional Selection Criteria
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed US Citizen EFMs who hold a Family
- Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services
- Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
- The candidate must be able to obtain and hold appropriate security clearance.
Interested candidates for this position must submit the following for consideration of the application:
- Universal Application for Employment (UAE) as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Member (DS-174); or
- A combination of both; i.e. Sections 1 – 24 of the UAE along with a listing of the applicant’s work experience attached as a separate sheet; or
- A current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information found on the UAE (see Appendix B below for more information); plus
- Candidates who claim US Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application. Candidates who claim conditional US Veterans preference must submit documentation confirming eligibility for a conditional preference in hiring with their application.
- All Ordinarily Resident (OR) applicants must submit a copy of proof of their work and/or residency permits to be eligible for consideration (e.g. Alien Certificate of Registration, Immigrant Certificate of Registration).
- Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
Submit Application To
Human Resources Office, Chancery Annex Building, Room 300, American Embassy Manila
Telephone: (632)301-2000 ext. 5169
Fax: (632)301-2399, Attention: HR Office
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (please send as an MS Word attachment)
CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION: October 21, 2011