A Seaman’s Identification Record Book or what is commonly known as Seaman’s Book is given to all aspiring seafarer for him to be eligible to work on seas. However, having seaman’s book is just one of the steps on getting a job on board, more are yet to come. Here is the process on how to get a Seaman’s Book:
- Apply in a POEA-licensed manning agency. They will evaluate your application and be interviewed.
- If you passed, you will get a recommendation to get SOLAS or the Basic Safety Course from a certified training institution.
- The training institution will give you a certification for the completion of your basic safety course training.
- Together with your certification, you must also bring the following:
- College or High School Diploma
- Transcript of Records
- Certificate of Authentication and Verification
- Certified True Copy of Birth certificate
- 2x2 passport size colored picture with white background
- NBI Clearance for Seaman.
Bring your complete requirements at the Maritime Industry Authority (MARINA) located at the PPL Bldg. 1000 UN Ave. cor. San Marcelino, Manila.
Your seafarer’s book will be given to you within the day if you have successfully accomplished all needed qualification of the following day/s if problem occurs.