Ford Motors Philippines announced temporary closing down its operation due to an expected shortage of motor parts caused by the earthquake in Japan.
The company however said that they will re-open on May 9.
"Starting this week, we are pulling ahead 18 previously scheduled down days at our manufacturing facility in the Philippines as a precautionary move to ensure we have parts availability going forward," the company statement said.
"Our inventories are adequate to support consumer demand at this point."
The 18 "down days" cover official working days over the four-week period, during which there are Easter holidays.
Ford, which employs about 700 people in the Philippines, manufactures automobiles and sports utility vehicles for the local and regional market.
The devastating March 11 earthquake and tsunami forced Japan's leading automakers to close factories at home.
Quick & Easy Application
Get Hired by Top Employers