The Department of Labor and Employment posted scholarship grants for Filipino professionals who want to enhance their knowledge and skills on their craft under the Enhancement Training Sponsorship Project (ETSP) of the government’s Exchange Visitor Program (EVP).
Labor director for International Labor Affairs bureau (ILAB) Ma Celeste Valderama said that ETSP is one of the efforts of the government to enhance the skills pool of the Philippines while allowing Filipino professionals to find better income overseas to support their families.
The EVP Committee of the Philippines is now accepting applications for the ETSP scholarship program, which is funded by the EVP participants who are undertaking alternative arrangements in lieu of the two-year home country residency requirement of the EVP.
Scholars will get a US$1,500 per course.
Scholarship is open for professionals who seek to pursue graduate or post graduate studies in the fields included in the Skills List for the Philippines which is a directory of skills or profession that is lacking and very much needed in the country.
To be qualified, applicant must be the following:
· Filipino citizen
· Completed a four-year bachelor’s degree (For those taking Masters Degree and Training Program) or Masters Degree (for PhD applicants)
· Must be of good moral character attested by the last school attended or by the present employer.
· With satisfactory undergraduate grades particularly in subjects under his/her field of study.
· Must have a field of expertise or seek graduate education in a field that is included in the current Skills List of the Philippines
The Commission on Filipinos Overseas (CFO) is the designated fund manager of the grants under the TESP.
As of now available slots are only teachers seeking to enroll for a new program in General Science, Physical Science, Math, and Special Education and slots for Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Speech Pathology (Language and Hearing).
Interested applicants for the scholarship may submit the following requirements:
· Certified true copy of the Bachelor's Degree Transcript of Records
· Photocopy of Proof of Income
· Photocopy of the Authority to Enroll/Certificate of Registration (whichever is applicable);
· Original copy of Certificate of Good Moral character issued by the last school attended or by present employer
· Photocopy of Course Prospects
· Original copy of updated curriculum vitae with passport-size photo.
Interested applicants can send their application documents to:
Secretary Imelda Nicolas
Commission on Filipinos Overseas
EVP Committee Secretariat
Citigold Center, 1345 Quirino Avenue corner
Osmeña Highway 1007, Manila
For more information about the scholarship, visit the following government websites: