The Government Service Insurance System (GSIS) offered Php20,000 worth of emergency loan to eligible members victim of the Ondoy typhoon who live in at least 26 areas placed under state of calamity such as Metro Manila, Aurora Province, Quirino, Nueva Viscaya, Nueva Ecija, Pangasinan, Tarlac, Zambales, Pampanga, Bulacan, Rizal, Quezon, Isabela, Mountain Province, Ifugao, Benguet, La Union, Ilocos Sur, Cavite, Batangas, Mindoro Occidental, Mindoro Oriental, Marinduque, Camarines Norte, and Bataan.
Winston Garcia, general manager of GSIS said that eligible members can processed their loans starting October 1.
The loan can be availed of using the GSIS wireless automated processing system kiosk or G-W@PS kiosk anywhere in the country or via over-the-counter application to be filed in GSIS offices covering the above mentioned areas.
To qualify for an emergency loan, the member must be:
- A bona fide employee of the government office within the declared calamity area;
- In active service and not on leave of absence without pay;
- Has no pending criminal or administrative charges;
- Has no arrearages in the payment of mandatory social insurance contributions; and
- Has no loan that has been declared in default.
- The agency of the member-applicant must not be suspended due to non-payment and non-remittance of premiums and loans.
Quick & Easy Application
Get Hired by Top Employers